Biography Nigeria Reporting that
Air Peace CEO Real Age
Allen Ifechukwu Onyema was born in 1964 in Benin City. Though, he hails from Anambra State, Nigeria, note. Allen grew up in Benin and Warri. Also, he was born to Michael and Helen Onyema as the first of nine children.
He attended primary schools in Benin and Warri. And this is before proceeding to secondary school.
Then, for his secondary school education, he attended St. Anthony’s Secondary school, Azia, Urhobo College, Effurun and Government College, Ugheli e.t.c.
Subsequently, Allen attended the University of Ibadan where he studied law and graduated in 1987.
Thereafter, he attended the Nigerian Law School and was called to Bar in 1989. After Law School, Allen was more interested in working as a Lawyer than the option presented to him by his Mum and Uncle.
Air Peace CEO Personal Life
Onyema met Alice Ejembi in Abuja and took her home before his mother died in 1991.
Then in 1993, the duo got married, and they are blessed with four children – 1 girl, 3 boys.
Air Peace CEO Early Career
In 1990, Allen moved to Lagos. He struggled to make ends meet while hoping to get a law firm to work with. Shortly afterward, he met Late Chief Vincent Amobi Nwizugbo.
Chief Vincent offered him a job at his chamber and they both agreed that they will place him on a salary after some probational months.
Onyema went on with his work until he won his first case. This was a case that everyone thought winning would be impossible, but Allen seized the opportunity and came out victorious.
Because of this success, they then placed him on an N500 monthly salary. Afterward, in 1992, he was made the head of the Chamber.
While he was at the chamber, Allen met a friend who introduced him to the real estate business, and before long, he started making money from the business.
He resigned from Nwizigbo & Company to avoid a conflict of interest and established his own law firm and other businesses.
He established Onyema & Co, a law firm; Allen Onyema & Company, a property company; and Continental Business Links Ltd, an importation outfit. He put in the work in his businesses and they became successful.
Allen Onyem Founded Air Peace
In 2013, Onyema founded Air Peace, as a private Nigerian airline. According to him, the business was borne out of the interest to create jobs for people.
Although the process began far back in 2007, it encountered many hassles. Then, right about when Allen wanted to give up the airline dreams, the solution came.
Today, Air Peace provides services to major cities of Nigeria and flies to other international destinations such as; Senegal, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, United Arab Emirates, India, China, USA, and The Gambia.
Air Peace CEO Allen Onyem Philanthropic Works
Onyema, the air peace owner, is a philanthropist. He is interested in ensuring peace and tranquility in Nigeria and has continued to work towards that goal.
First, he organized the 1st Nigeria Forever Project in 2005, with the support of the Federal Government.
The project which was done to promote broad nationalism against ethnic nationalism became successful. Also, he supported the government in putting an end to the Niger Delta militancy.
Also, in September 2019, Allen was instrumental in the evacuation of Nigerians from South Africa as a result of the Xenophobic attack.
This act has remained a laudable effort as he could converge hundreds of Nigerians willing to return to their dear country.
Air Peace CEO Allen Onyema Award and Recognition
In recognition of his commitment to the common good, the 10 towns in his native local government conferred him the traditional title of Ide (Pillar) of Ihiala. Also, some of his other awards include;
1. Africa Leadership Merit Award, Africa International News Magazine, 2006
2. Hope for Humanity Award, Rotary Club, 2007
3. Martin Luther King Global Award for Pioneering Non-violence Education in West Africa, 2007
4. Hosting Rights for Global Conference on Nonviolence and Peace, 2007
5. Investiture as an Ambassador of Change, Non-governmental Organisation, Centre of Change, 2019
6. For a demonstration of compassion and meeting a need, L&M Leader of the Month Award, 2019
Air Peace CEO Allen Onyema Quotes
1. “I prefer a big, strong Nigeria to a balkanized country.”
2. “Inter-ethnic marriage is one thing that can bring Nigeria together.”
3. “The length of time it takes for you to break even in aviation is miles apart when compared with other businesses.”
4. “To succeed, we have to learn from the mistakes of those who came before us.”
5. “We have so many ethnic nationalities in the country and that should be a source of strength for us.”
6. “Agencies of government must understand that indigenous investors must be supported, appreciated, and helped in order to energize the nation’s economy.”
7. “When it’s time to help people, and you start talking of money, you start wasting time.”
8. “God is my major source of motivation.”
9. “As Nigerians, as long as we are ready to take action, nobody can break our resolve.”
10. “I do good because I cannot go to the grave with my wallet nor with any of my houses.
11. “When the country moves on smoothly, a lot of private companies will be able to do series of corporate social responsibility.”
12. “Civil servants should stop seeing private investors as enemies but as collaborators that can move Nigeria forward.”
Air Peace CEO Allen Onyema Net Worth
Allen Ifechukwu Onyema is the Chairman of Air Peace Airline, a lawyer, businessman, and a Conflict resolution expert. He is one of the most influential and richest men in Nigeria with multiple sources of income.
Allen Onyema’s net worth is an estimated $300m.